Remember - blog posts migrate downward, so the most recent post is at the top; the oldest at the bottom.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Charlotte bound!

As some of you may know, I'm a delegate to the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, NC next week.  I'm representing NY's 24th Congressional District - which no longer exists.  The delegate selection was done before the re-districting, so we're all representing the map the way it used to look (Oneonta's now in the 19th CD, which roughly covers the Catskill Mountains).

I'm going to try and record my experiences at the Convention right here at Otsego11.  I say 'try' because the schedule looks pretty full, especially if you factor in getting around an unfamiliar city. Things start early and end way past my bedtime.

I'll be driving our Prius down to Charlotte, a two day trip with an overnight outside Lancaster, PA, at my wife's sister's house.  I'm looking forward to the Shenandoah Valley.

I'll do my best to keep you up to date.  It's an entirely new experience for me, and I don't know what to expect.  Leave questions in the Comments, and I'll take a shot at answering them.

No comments:

Post a Comment