Remember - blog posts migrate downward, so the most recent post is at the top; the oldest at the bottom.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Election Day

Well, we're down to it.

Dozens of candidates in Otsego County, and thousands nationwide, have been working for months (in some cases, years) to prepare for Tuesday, Election Day. Citizens striving to be part of democracy in a different way.

I've met lots of you and heard from more. I've talked and listened. I've stuffed envelopes, and prepared for debates. I've walked every street in this District and knocked on just about every door. I am exceptionally grateful for your hospitality, as you welcomed me onto your porches and smiled while you let me say my piece. For a moment, we did democracy, together, there on the porch.

So let's do it again. Democracy. Let's go down to the Foothills atrium on Tuesday and vote. Everybody wins when people vote.

And, again, thanks. Win or lose, I've had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment