Remember - blog posts migrate downward, so the most recent post is at the top; the oldest at the bottom.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Knocking on Doors

I've been walking around the District, going door-to-door and meeting lots of folks. My goal is to knock on every door in the District. As of today, I've gotten to everyone north of Center St.

I wasn't sure about this part of the job of running for office; I'd never done it before. But, other than the sore feet, I've been having a really good time.

You have been, without exception, warm, welcoming and interested. It's understandable for anyone to be a little careful with a stranger at their front door; but as soon as I said I was running for office, a change comes over peoples' faces; it's like you've connected with an old idea that energizes and interests you.

I'm thinking that that idea might be democracy. “Here's someone at my door, inviting me to participate in democracy. Cool!”

Anyway, I'll keep knocking. I like this idea – democracy. If I missed you somehow, let me know (otsego11@gmail.com). It's a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment